Monday, February 4, 2013

What I've been wearing lately/Trend Report

The wedding projects are kicking into high gear around here so I will probably be posting a little less consistently (not that I've been super consistent  thus far... but I've been trying!). Don't worry though, every project I have tackled I've taken step by step pictures so that I can share the How-Tos after my wedding! I haven't done a fashion post in a while, winter is a tough time to get excited about fashion when all I want to do is cover myself in as many layers as possible to keep warm! But, I thought I'd show you what I've been wearing lately! Aaaaand I have an emerging trend to report! 

#1- I've been having fun layering my arm accessories lately. Why not add a bracelet to keep your watch company? 
#2 I picked up those purple work pants at Express on major clearance! They bring a smile to my face when I put them on! I'm also loving my tribal inspired slip ons. 
#3 These ankle boots have been a major staple of my fall/winter wardrobe. They look great with jeans, colored jeans, and tights! Also from express, these were a fantastic find! 
#4 This ring is a family heirloom that I recently had passed down to me! I finally got it sized and have been enjoying it thoroughly! I've also been getting into darker nail colors. This black is my favorite, very chic!


#1/#2 This just goes to show that you can recycle an idea but make an outfit look completely different! The blazer, colored jeans, t-shirt combo is great for a dinner date or a casual Friday at work. This outfit has the same concept, all of the same types of pieces but each one is swapped out to make the second outfit unique.
#3/#4 These outfits use the same main piece but switch out everything else to give it a fresh look. The left look is more dramatic. Orange tights, a gold belt, and ankle boots (not pictured) give me a bold look for a night out! The right look is more monochromatic. Blue dress on blue tights with no belt to break up the color makes the look more subtle. Don't be afraid to change up your outfit pairings to make your closet go further for you!


Just some dressier looks I've been sporting around town! 

Thinking spring!!

Now, on to the trend report! Tribal is being seen everywhere! And I LOVE it! All fall you could see ladies in their moccasins. I have my own pair of Minnetonka slip on mocs! Fringed boots have also been very popular. But most notable is tribal print. I'm a sucker for all kinds of graphic prints, so I have to say that I am very excited to see this trend hit fashion and home goods alike! You already saw my tribal inspired slip ons above, and here are my scarf and sweater! 




My sweater is from Target (so is my scarf) and with the bitter cold winter happening, I wish I could wear it every day! Looks like I'm not the only one enjoying tribal sweaters... I couldn't help but notice 3 of my favorite bloggers rocking the same look! 


The left and right ladies are fabulous Michigan bloggers! No wonder they're snuggled up in those cozy sweaters! The middle blogger is one of my new favorites! She is a must read for me! Definitely be sure to check out all three of their blogs for fashion inspiration! 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment